Air Accessories (Sheffield) Ltd – COVID-19 (Coronavirus Statement) March 2020
Air Accessories (Sheffield) Ltd continues to closely monitor the potential impact of COVID-19 (“Coronavirus”) on its business and supply chain.
Following the UK Government announcement of a UK Coronavirus plan and the current World Health Organisation (WHO) standard recommendations for the virus, we are implementing the following steps to minimise infection risk to employees and customers.
At this time our trade counter is open but we are asking visitors and counter sales customers to wear a face covering within the latest guidelines from the Government
We are advising that all staff members, visitors and associates closely follow the infection control measures recommended by UK public health agencies. These include:
- Frequently washing hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water. These are available.
- When coughing and sneezing, cover the mouth and nose with a flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands.
- Anyone who has a fever, cough or feels unwell or suspects they may have the infection will be asked to contact the NHS services immediately and avoid contact with others until advised on next steps. Maintain a two meter personal / working ‘safe zone’.
- Exercising safe distancing at all times
- Wearing the appropriate PPE if necessary
We are regularly providing our staff with up to date information on virus prevention and isolation protocols aimed at minimising risk. We are also reviewing business continuity plans for process and functional priorities, recovery time objectives, work instructions and resource requirements.
We continually monitoring the information and implementing the advice and protocols recommended by UK Government, WHO and Centre for Disease Control (CDC).
We are also monitoring employee absenteeism levels.
We are evaluating the potential effects of any interruption to our business operation and are developing a continuity management programme. This process will involve identifying potential threats to our organisation and our customers. Should this occur, we will provide the most effective approach to restoring and resuming essential functions and processes.
Due to the nature of our business and our customer base, some of which are in the production of Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical products. We have taken the decision to remain open to offer key products and engineering services in the event of breakdowns or stock outs. This is however with reduced on site staffing levels. The companies and industries mentioned will take precedence and priority over non-essential engineering and supply